Votes
Amanda Groover
  • Medford, OR
Votes |
Best move for a novice with debt?

Amanda Groover
  • Medford, OR
Posted Feb 9 2016, 14:04
My husband and I own our home and really want to break into real estate investment. However, we both have debt. My biggest debt is student loans, but I am a teacher and those will be forgiven in about four years. We have two young children, the youngest who was just born a week ago! So right now we have a lot of medical bills. My husband is very optimistic that we will still be able to get our first rental property this year, but I feel very overwhelmed with our bills. My question is, would it be better to try and pay off each bill slowly, paying what I can on each every month, or getting a new credit card with a higher Credit limit and condensing all of those bills onto one if I'm able to do so? Our credit is fairly good (low 700s for both of us), but I just don't know what the best option is. We are both very driven, and my husband is a general contractor. He started his own business two years ago and is doing very well, but as most of you know small business owners pay a lot in taxes so right now our income level does not look very high. I have really good organizational skills, so we feel like we would make a good team in real estate investing. Just not sure what the best direction to take in order to get where we would like to be in investing and financially. Or if we are ever even able to do something like that. Thank you for any advice and help.

Loading replies...