Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Best Way to Invest a Large Lump Sum of Money ($100-$300K)?

Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Sep 6 2017, 13:46

Hi BiggerPockets - I am considering writing a lengthy discussion on how to invest a large lump sum of money effectively. This topic comes up for discussion a LOT here on BiggerPockets, as it seems there are many reasons that folks that otherwise save just a few hundred dollars per month suddenly come into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars (inheritance, sale of a house, divorce, stock options, or good old fashioned luck). 

The goal is to create a resource for folks that receive a sudden infusion of cash. This intended audience earns a median to upper middle-class income. I also assume that a member of the target audience does have the financial capacity to accumulate said amount in a period of less than 5-10 years, meaning that an infusion of cash in the six figure range is a life-changing event.

I *think* I have a plan about what I, Scott Trench, would do if I suddenly came into a large sum of money (much greater than the amount of cash that I currently accumulate on an annual basis) and how I would deploy it in pursuit of financial freedom while working a full-time job. 

But, I'd really like to interview some folks that have done this successfully and hear their stories. I want to create the best resource out there for folks that come into this situation and have the goal of financial freedom at heart. 

So, if you've come into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars suddenly, and then executed a well thought out plan in deploying that to acquire cash flowing assets that help you move towards financial freedom, I'd like to interview you! Please reply to this thread with your story, or email me at [email protected]. I would also really appreciate the chance to interview you on the phone or via Skype. 

Thanks!

Scott

Loading replies...