Votes
Jesse Aiken
  • Erie, PA
Votes |
Semi liquid investments

Jesse Aiken
  • Erie, PA
Posted Oct 18 2017, 04:41

Hello BP community, I could use some advice. I am a new real estate investor with one year and 3 buy and hold deals under my belt. I'm at the point now that I have learned enough to know how much I don't know and I'm in a bit of a holding pattern as far as purchasing more rentals.

I have done things somewhat backward by buying rentals and now need to build my buisiness around it. I have learned the importance of working on my buisiness structure and systems before moving forward with more acquisitions. I plan to spend several months getting my buisiness in order and systems in place before hitting the bricks for more deals. 

During this time, It seems that I could take the capital I have currently and put it into a semi-liquid type investment in order to earn a better return than just letting it mold in the bank. I would be investing 25-30k. I know the returns from a semi-liquid investment in the short term will be minimal, but it would be better than nothing and every little bit helps. 

I'm thinking maybe an index fund or something similar? Are there any ideal short term products available? Is it even worth It for say a 6 month term? Would the risk outweigh the reward? I appreciate any suggestions or info anyone can share with their own experience!

Loading replies...