Skip to content
Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Irimata
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
'Set for Life' First Year Results - Any other successes?

Lisa Irimata
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted Mar 11 2019, 18:48

Hi all, I'm relatively new to the FI/real estate investing path but am excited to begin seeing some progress in the journey! I graduated from school about 2 years ago and one of the first personal finance books I read a year ago I read Scott Trench's 'Set for Life' and I'm excited to share my first year results. 

I purchased a 2B2B townhouse February 2018 and converted the den into a 3rd bedroom. I got 2 of my friends to move in and started to net about $100 per month! This allowed me to significantly cut my living expenses allowing me to achieve a savings rate of about 60% post-tax. I've saved up about $24k in liquid capital which I plan on using to purchase another property this year.

I've also been tracking my net worth quarterly have found that I've been able to increase my net worth by about 17-20% per quarter by saving, investing, and taking advantage of my company's stock purchase plan/401K matching/etc.

It's extremely encouraging to see my savings increase so drastically in a short amount of time. I'll admit that I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to tracking my expenses but I want to know if anyone else has other success stories related to personal finance. I'd love to hear them and to get more inspiration to continue saving and investing!

Loading replies...