Michelle G.
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Need financial advise on retirement savings

Michelle G.
  • Rental Property Investor
Posted Mar 21 2019, 05:21

Hello,

I am from Long Island and have a question regarding retirement savings.  I have 3 properties (2 rentals one recently purchased) besides my residence and last year did my first flip. That flip did well.  My husband is in construction but it was very difficult with his full-time job and small construction business (he worked 7 days & nights a week last year).  So this year he quick his full-time job to focus on our investments (currently rehabbing that 3rd property) and his small construction company.  Here is my question.  We have about 10 years till retirement, I have a small 401k at work invested in mutual funds,  My husband has a small solo 401k from his business invested in REITs.  We have 30k to invest from his solo 401k this year.  The fact that only 15% of our retirement fund is in the stock market and the rest is in our properties and  REITs is making me think that I should be more diversified.  So basically I have about 950k in all totaled.  Since I can't buy a property with the 30K (lots of rules with solo 401K).  Where should I start moving annual money or should I continue to use Fundrise, realty mogul and rich uncles as I had been.  Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...