Skip to content
Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Ryan O'Leary
Pro Member
  • Texas
Votes |
Why does refinancing need a wet signature?

Ryan O'Leary
Pro Member
  • Texas
Posted Nov 6 2019, 16:17

Good afternoon everyone,

Recently tried to refinance my house in Hawaii while deployed. I bought the house last year using the VA loan, got married in June, and tried to refinance through my lender in Hawaii.

They said I needed a wet signature for the refinance to process, which I think is crazy. I’m sure there are many other people that refinance from long distance, but may use DocuSign to do it? I wasn’t sure if this was what they legally had to do in order to cover themselves, prevent fraud or whatever.

I did not get a general power of attorney for my wife prior to leaving, and she still can’t walk into the lender’s satellite office in San Antonio to fill this refinance paperwork out for me.

Basically just bummed I’m missing out on these rates. Would’ve saved me just under $400/month in mortgage payments, which would’ve offset how much I need to cover for rent/HOAs once I leave. No idea if the rates will stay this low when I get back in the spring, but I just thought it was crazy that I have to get a wet signature in order for this to be finalized.

Any info is greatly appreciated,

Ryan

Loading replies...