Hedging Against Inflation

3 Replies

Is anyone out there worried about the current rate of inflation right now? Obviously owning investment real estate is a great way to hedge against inflation. But what are some other ways you all are trying to keep from losing purchasing power on your cash?

I was thinking of investing in REITs. I'd love to get more ideas from you all. I have some extra cash laying around but having more than just emergency funds laying around seems to be a foolish thing right now. Any ideas?

@Eddie Torres "Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man" - Ronald Reagan. With fixed debt and annaul rise in rents, real estate investing in my opinion is the greatest source to hedge against inflation. I hope everyone realizes that saving money in the bank will actually cause you to lose money. 

Diversification is key. I have a lot of cash; but I am retired so relying on rentals, SS and some index funds. No bitcoin for me.......I do have stocks but REI is what I bank on. Nothing wrong with cash just be diversified. There have been times when many investors wish they had held cash.