User Stats

Votes
Tuva Jorfald
Votes |
Rental rookie seeking advice on buying + renting

Tuva Jorfald
Posted Jan 16 2022, 02:23

Hi,

I am a newbie from Norway. I am not going to tell you my whole life story, but my dad just died, and my partner moved out, so I decided to get rich. (Make sense, right?)

I own a house in Oslo, where I live, and I am building an apartment in the basement for rent. I also own a holiday house in Spain which is rented through Airbnb. And now also an art gallery which is half rented if that makes sense. 

As a single mom I don't have much cash, and my bank doesn't really understand my project of taking my investments overseas, so I am looking into seller financed, rent to own etc.. (Ways of investing without much cash) 

I am looking for a property  (or more) in Hawaii, Florida or the Caribbean. I am a keen traveller, and sailed in the Caribbean, and lived one year in Hawaii. Now investing overseas is kind of taking my travelling adventures to the next leve. 

SO! The question is; 

- Seller financing / rent to own.. How to find it, what deals to make.. ??

ALSO! I would really like some input on longterm vs short term rental. My house in Spain has until now been a short term through Airbnb, as I use it myself from time to time. But it is a lot of work! Longterm would give me a lower but more stable income. Maybe that is better when wanting to expand my "business"? 

More, if you have the time;

I didn't yet try outsourcing the booking etc, since I like talking to people all over the world. But also having a full time job, it gets a bit too much sometimes (like this week the electricity went down, and I had to replace a woman and her dogs, while talking to electricians etc for fixing the problem.) 

I am also starting to wonder if Airbnb is really the best portal, as they charge a lot and I have had a lot of trouble with them lately. 

For my basement, I will go for longterm, I think. As the rent in Oslo is very high, and it would give me a monthly income of at least 1000 USD without really costing me too much, since it is in my house. 

Any inputs - bring them on! I look forward to learning from you and getting to know you! 

Oh, and since I don't have an American adress, I wont be able to list my houses on my profile etc, so it is not completed.. Sorry about that. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE and wish you all a lovely sunday or whatever day it is where you're at <3 

All the best, 

Tuva

Loading replies...