General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Nadir M.
Votes |
House not renting due to error in operations

Nadir M.
Posted Jun 20 2022, 04:41

I recently listed one of my rentals about a week ago. I’ve recieved 26 applications so I know my price is right. The reason I have not chosen someone is because the previous tenant really left my property in bad shape and I was holding off for rock star tenants. I had one rock star tenant but they didn’t like the overall quality of the house. The mistake I also made was not completely finishing the house before listing. There were still some things that had to be done, ie closet door instillation, lots of landscaping, and minor touch ups. Some applicants said they will show up but they didn’t, other showed up and liked the property but not submitting application. One said she’s having trouble submitting application. The house is in a decent area. Prob B+-B- neighborhood. Out of the 26 I would say probably 22 met my criteria. I will not rent to an under qualified tenant. I will lose money for holding on market before I rent it out to someone who I feel like will maybe be problematic. I guess since I didn’t move quick enough in the beginning of finding the first qualified tenant, what my next step now? Keep it on market until I find someone. Eventually everyone will need to start looking once their leases start to expire. Should I remove the listed and re list once house is 100% ready? Should I keep on market? Should I lower my price? Should I sell (just kidding) 

Loading replies...