• Investor
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
Help! Tenant requested repair during the eviction

Anna Wang
  • Investor
  • Livonia, MI
Posted Jul 21 2022, 19:56

Hi everyone! I'm from Michigan. There is a rental we have in metro Detroit area that has deadbeat tenant. She had been a problem from day one. Rent stopped in April but the request for repairs didn't. She requested me to change the outlet for the dryer and some door handles, I finally had enough after every other month the different repair requests from her. We are on month to month. So I sent her a 30 day notice to quit in June and told her that we could forgive her rent if she moves out by the end of June. She didn't. We had to take her to the court to evict her. The judgement is she has to move out by August 3rd. Now she is messaging me and saying the outlet for the dryer sparks, looks like it wants to catch on fire. Wants me to send an electrician to change the outlet. We just had a electrician over a couple months ago to replace the washer's outlet and didn't say anything about the dryer outlet. Now she is moving out in one and half week. I think she is trying to use it as an excuse if I go after her for the back rent. Any landlord here has had similar situation or anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Loading replies...