• San Jose, CA
Votes |
Garage Door Repair / Replacement for Gilbert AZ rental

Bei He
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Jul 29 2022, 00:08

Hi there,

I purchased a SFH in Gilbert last Nov for long tern rentals and manage it from out of state. it's build in 2008.

on 7/22, the tenant told me the bracket came loose and the door won't close, the had one man came to check and said: the motor failed and one of the screws apparently on the top of the door malfunctioned and the motor just kept pulling the door instead of stopping. They said they don't make replacement parts any more for this door and is recommending a new door and motor. 

Since I'm out of state and traveling this month, my tenant helped get 3 quotes from 2 different companies:

1. Installed 16x8 Garage Door Amarr oak summit Long Panel Color White, Installed Garage Door Opener Liftmaster Model 8155W Two Remote controls Keyless Entry Two take down Two Haul away Parts and labor $2500

2. From a different company:

2.1 Model: 1st UDT 224, 24 Gauge, Size: 16'x08' + Liftmaster model 84501 (8' Rail, 1 Remote, Wall Button, Sensors, LED Light, Built­in),  $3700

2.2 Model: 1st UDT 225, 25 Gauge, Size: 16'x08' + Liftmaster model 84501 (8' Rail, 1 Remote, Wall Button, Sensors, LED Light, Built­in), $3050

Anyone has suggestions how to proceed would be really helpful for me! Thank you!!! 

1. Anyone knows some good company can can repair the garage door?

2. Any experience on garage door replacement cost and any recommendation on the company?

Attached some picture in case they helps. 

Thanks again!

Bei

Loading replies...