User Stats

Votes
Henry Peñate
Votes |
Tenant Not Paying Rent

Henry Peñate
Posted Aug 4 2022, 08:18

Hello all,

I’m in a situation where tenant has signed a month to month lease since August 2021, where a 60 day notice must be given to move out.

Now July of this year. I did misinform her on July 7th that it would have to be a 30 day notice but on Tuesday July 19th she informed me that she would be fully moved out by that weekend. July 31st I got a hold of her and she said everything is moved out but she hasn’t cleaned.

As of today rent hasn’t been paid and it is overdue by the lease. I’ve waited for her to return keys but she just mentions she’s not in town and she will return to house that still needs to be cleaned. I suggested that she could pay rent for the month and I could also hire a cleaning company on her behalf using the rent money and once house is vacated we could pro rate and refund remaining balance.

I still haven’t received notice wether she will pay but she did read my text messages

What should I do? I don’t want to enter house and prepare for showings yet until I know I won’t be in the wrong according to tenant laws.

Thanks all !

Loading replies...