How To Evict a Tenant: The Ultimate Guide

90 Replies

Hey guys - 

We just put out another guide in a long line of epic content . . .

How to Evict a Tenant: The Definitive Step by Step Guide

evict tenants

This is about as comprehensive as it gets.  If you are a landlord or are thinking about getting into rental properties, you'll want to read and save this one.

Let us know what you think!

This is a great guide.  I was just talking to someone from up here in Connecticut who is a BP member who is going through their first eviction and needed some help through the process so this post is perfect timing in that regard as well.

Thanks for putting out such consistent, relevant content.

This guide is spot on here in Colorado, specifically Arapahoe County. We just finished our first eviction and it was messy. 3 day notice to pay didn't work, cash for keys didn't work, they showed up to their court date, but we ended up settling out of court. They are supposed to pay us $50 a month until their debt is settled, but that is unlikely. I think I will take your advice and contact a debt recovery service to hound them. 

If anyone needs a recommendation for a great lawyer in the Denver area, feel free to contact me. 

Great Guide, I like how you kept it generic enough not to get someone in trouble by having them look up the specific state laws. I've been in this game a little over 5 years and been through about 6 evictions in our tenant friendly state of Connecticut. I even created a process map a few years ago to keep me on my toes when doing the evictions.  The last few evictions have been no shows which keeps evictions from start to finish about 6 weeks but on average they are about 3 months by the time they are gone.  I'll admit I would rather do the eviction than cash for keys.