• Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Property management neglect in MIchigan

Demario Lewis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted May 18 2018, 13:05

Hello to everyone on BP. I bought my first investment home in March 30th. A tenant and property management were already in place at time of purchase. A few weeks after purchase I did fly out to Detroit to meet with the property management to interview them as well as other companies. The current company is located in Livonia MI and my current property is located in Inkster MI. I did as much due diligence as possible and also pulled a few reference's that I was able to contact and verify. They seem to be a good fit at the time so I ended up going with the management that was already in place. April 1st I didn't receive a rent check because it was deducted from the purchase price of the home now which I do understand that, however it is now May 18th and I have yet to receive any rent payment and the report for the month. I've contacted them by telephone, left messages and sent out via emails but still know response. Doe's anyone have any suggestions on what steps to take to handle this matter?

Loading replies...