Votes
Alecia Loveless
Pro Member
Votes |
Tenant Misses the 1st Again for Rent

Alecia Loveless
Pro Member
Posted May 2 2021, 19:34

I have a great tenant in a great building. She was an inherited tenant that I took over 3 months ago. She is a Gen Z’er who has a professional job working in a hospital and is very nice, professional, and keeps her apartment meticulously clean and well maintained.

When I sent out my introductory letter and questionnaire she indicated she preferred electronic payment so I set up what she requested. The first month she paid the 1st of the month. Last month she didn’t pay the 1st so I sent her a reminder email on the 2nd and she responded right away that it had slipped her mind and in 15 minutes the electronic payment was in my account.

It is now an hour and a half from the 3rd and no payment. I’d prefer to simply send a friendly email reminder and avoid late fees and hard feelings. I think she could be a good multi year tenant and if this is my biggest problem with her would you recommend me simply sending a brief reminder tomorrow? I’m still a small enough landlord that this isn’t a problem.

Thanks!

Loading replies...