Tenant Eviction Late on Rent and Clogging up all plumbing systems

5 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of a Tenant eviction. I took her to court and now she still trying to send me rent. What do I need to do? Property located in Florida.

Originally posted by @Rena Barron :

Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of a Tenant eviction. I took her to court and now she still trying to send me rent. What do I need to do? Property located in Florida.

What is your real goal? Are you trying to get rent or are you trying to get rid of the tenant?

When I file for eviction, I will stop the eviction as long as the tenant pays everything they owe, including the court filing fees, late fees, service fees, etc. 

If you're just trying to get the tenant out because they've been too problematic, then you may want to press on with the eviction. I would be careful with this option because courts are so hesitant to evict anyone during the eviction moratorium. If the judge learns that she tried to pay rent but you rejected her, then you better have another good reason for evicting.

Alot has happened, I reduced her rent to $400 a month to shorten the lease. Then she would not sign the new amendment on the lease. She fought me on it. She called the police on me then say she had no where to go. After, I told her it goes back to the $700, I then started the eviction then she got scared an then sent me $400. Should I accept it? Now that I have started the eviction process. Honestly, she is putting wet wipes in my plumbing that is causing me to call the plumber to snake it. Would should I do?

Did the judge already say that she has to leave? I wouldn't take any rent check because that would mean that you allowed her to stay at the property.