Votes
John Poling
  • Punxsutawney, PA
Votes |
Best rent collection App?

John Poling
  • Punxsutawney, PA
Posted Jan 11 2022, 14:49

Landlord with 15 Units. A mixture of young and elderly tenants. My biggest headache is collecting rents each month. Some pay in cash, money order ( which some of these I can't mobile deposit) and checks. I'm tired of driving around collecting from those that don't send the money or that's late. I'd like to set something up that they can pay with a Card automatically on the first of every month or that charges the $50 late fee after the 5th day of the month. I'd like a way to track who paid and how. Any help here is greatly appreciated. I'm a year into this and am terrible with paperwork but want my business as efficient as possible with systems in place so that I can expand and add to what I have. 

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Delves
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 11 2022, 17:39

There’s landlord-specific property management software that will help with this. You can track and collect rent, automate late payments and digitize all of your documents so everything is in the same place. Hopefully it removes the headache of driving round to collect late rent and having mountains of paperwork!

User Stats

Votes
Ron Brady
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Burlington County, NJ
Votes |
  • Burlington County, NJ
Replied Jan 12 2022, 06:35

We have 7 units, use Rentler and love it

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jan 12 2022, 06:48

@John Poling I would look into buildium just to check that one is what we use and it lines everything out and makes it seamless for us to use the software and get paid along with see who is not paying etc. This soft also helps out with getting tenants to contact you via the app/software for repairs etc. 

• Real Estate Agent Ca (#01968986)

The McKernan Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
John T.
  • Central U. S. A.
Votes |
  • Central U. S. A.
Replied Jan 14 2022, 18:54

I like Rentec Direct. It does a lot more than collect rent.