• Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Irresponsible Plumbing & Water Heater Company in NJ

Rachel Hong
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Jan 16 2022, 08:20

Hi everyone, 
I own a rental unit in Hoboken NJ, and encountered an urgent issue with a plumbing company in NJ. Hoping I can get some advice or tips from experienced investors/contracting companies. Thanks a lot for your time and help! The company is called 

The owner of this company is called Carmine. I submitted a quote via Angie List on last Sunday 1/9 because my old water heater (made in 2004) was leaking, and his company has pretty good rating on Angie List.  His quote was the most competitive/cheapest of all plumbing companies. That's why I decided to hire them to install a new Bradford White water heater (I paid them $2100 for both labor and cost) this past Tuesday 1/11. We didn't sign a contract but his workers gave me a receipt that shows 2 year warranty on maintenance and labor and 6 years of warranty on the water heater itself. 

After they left, my tenants found out that the hot water isn't running effectively (runs out of hot water after 10 minutes). I called and messaged the owner multiple times for the past 2 days. First, he blamed my tenants, saying they're lying.  Then he blamed the issue on the hot water heater itself (he claimed that the model I bought through him is not sufficient for my unit) when he was the one who suggested and procured this hot water heater to me. He refused to send his employee to check the hot water heater over the phone and text.

I'm wondering what options do I have to get a refund or for someone on his team to fix this issue. If he continues to refuse my request, what kind of legal actions I can take in NJ? Is it civil court? or should I file a complaint with the plumbing company? 

Thanks again!

Loading replies...