• Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Votes |
Urgent Property management and tenant issue - help appreciated

Abdul Azeez
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Posted Jan 27 2022, 15:49

I have a property under management in Tenessee with Reedy and company where I have had the following issues. Who can I escalate to in company management to help with these? The person I have escalate to has not responded to even a single escalation email.

1. Several repairs have been asked for by the property management company in the past. When I persisted the last few times, they identified the tenant was at fault for the damages and said they will charge the tenant ledger. They still asked me to pay the amount upfront for the repairs to happen which I did in Dec 2021. In early Jan 2021 the property management company confirmed to me that the repairs were done. Today, after persisting for photos of the repaid, the PM says that repairs were not done and they gave me erroneous information.

2. While I noticed the issues with the tenant in the past, their lease was coming to an end in Dec 2021. I gave written direction to the PM to not renew the lease. However, this was ignored and the tenant lease was extended for 6 months.

3. I put the property under sale in Dec 2021 and three offers have fallen through. When I persisted with the PM to take detailed photos of the state of the property along with the rehab costs if any, they promised the same early this week but after repeated follow ups I am now being told that the tenant was not available at the time they went for the inspection and tenant is not giving access.

I don't live in Tennessee. I would like these issues to be immediately addressed. How do I solve this situation?

User Stats

Votes
Dave G.
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jan 31 2022, 17:33

@Abdul Azeez if it is in the MLS you can locate the listing on Realtor.com and scroll down to History. It will show changes in property sale status - listing date, price, price changes, listing status, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Abdul Azeez
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Replied Feb 2 2022, 10:58
Originally posted by @Dave G.:

@Abdul Azeez if it is in the MLS you can locate the listing on Realtor.com and scroll down to History. It will show changes in property sale status - listing date, price, price changes, listing status, etc.

It shows only when it was listed.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Abdul Azeez
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Replied Feb 3 2022, 14:33

I have three offers and the realtor has told me that since offers have fallen through in the past, we will not accept any of them now but ask Reedy and Company for a 2 hour window this week or next and all cash buyers can look at the property and inspect and put in a non contingency offer. I have reached out to Reedy to give me a timeframe and what they telling me is that it may be virtually impossible as they don't think the law allows that. From what I read here I thought we just need to give notice. Is this not possible?

User Stats

Votes
Abdul Azeez
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monroe Township, NJ
Replied Feb 3 2022, 15:11
Originally posted by @Abdul Azeez:

I have three offers and the realtor has told me that since offers have fallen through in the past, we will not accept any of them now but ask Reedy and Company for a 2 hour window this week or next and all cash buyers can look at the property and inspect and put in a non contingency offer. I have reached out to Reedy to give me a timeframe and what they telling me is that it may be virtually impossible as they don't think the law allows that. From what I read here I thought we just need to give notice. Is this not possible?

I read through the lease agreement and it clearly says this is possible.