financing multiple NOO rentals

2 Replies

I am in cleveland and using wells fargo as my lender on my rentals. they only require 10% on NOO under 4 units and the rates are only about 1/2 point higher than primary residences. most other big bank lenders in the area require more/rates are higher.

My question is, before you have large cash reserves or credit lines
MikeOH, etc. whom are you financing through in order to get less than 10% down per house, brokers? i saw your (MikeOH) comment about "how few properties could investors get if they had to come up with 10K everytime" and that is what i have been fighting.

looking for a better way,

strive.

Originally posted by "strive for the life":
I am in cleveland and using wells fargo as my lender on my rentals. they only require 10% on NOO under 4 units and the rates are only about 1/2 point higher than primary residences. most other big bank lenders in the area require more/rates are higher.

My question is, before you have large cash reserves or credit lines
MikeOH, etc. whom are you financing through in order to get less than 10% down per house, brokers? i saw your (MikeOH) comment about "how few properties could investors get if they had to come up with 10K everytime" and that is what i have been fighting.

looking for a better way,

strive.

Buy his book.
(http://store.biggerpockets.com/books/landlord/1MinutetoRentalPropertyRiches.html)

In the meantime, what are some ways to get 20% equity in a property without putting 20% down? How about buying below bank appraisal value?