Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Sven T.
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Anyone have legal Washington State lease agreement to share?

Sven T.
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted May 10 2022, 09:53

Hey guys,

I am looking for the lease agreement and addenda to use here in Washington State (Kirkland). I just have a single family that I want to rent out and the RHAWA membership seems very expensive just to get the lease template.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied May 10 2022, 10:39

We get ours from Washington LL Association. Membership is cheap and networking is great. I can't share mine but; there are some on Google.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 11 2022, 06:52

Biggerpockets sells a Lease Agreement Package. It's a solid lease, written by investors and approved by attorneys in your state, without a lot of the legal mumbo-jumbo. You can purchase it for less than one hour with an attorney.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Barrett
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Everett, WA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Everett, WA
Replied May 11 2022, 10:11

@Sven T. We have used both WLA & RHAWA leases and both are good organizations.  I would suggest to you that the value of the RHAWA or WLA memberships are worth more than just getting the latest legally compliant leases.  Though avoiding an issue with the lease can save you a lot of money. Both organizations provide a lot of other benefits / value / resources. 

We started with the WLA membership and moved to the RHAWA.  The RHAWA training classes have been really informative.

John

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Alhadeff
  • Professional
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 15 2022, 23:32

Hi Sven, I have the RHAWA template as well as all of the disclosures that you can use.  I just ask that you would consider me if you are looking to hand off the property management duties. Happy to help!

Thanks,

Daniel Alhadeff

A6 Urban Properties, LLC

User Stats

Votes
Cliff Lucas
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
  • Renton, WA
Replied May 17 2022, 12:45

If you have a Biggerpockets pro account they have lease agreements posted for free in the landlord resources section for all states.