User Stats

Votes
Girish Joshi
Votes |
Looking for a rental lease agreement

Girish Joshi
Posted Jun 6 2022, 09:09

Hi,

I am looking for a rental lease agreement to rent my home. Please let me know if you have one that I can use here in the Bay Area.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards,

Girish

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied Jun 6 2022, 09:58

Under 'tools' above. Local LL group. Perhaps google.

User Stats

Votes
Brad Jacobson
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Replied Jun 6 2022, 10:01

Hi Girish,

Most states have some sort standard state form that is available with a Google search.  Search for the CA apartment association or something to that extent and you'll likely find a good, attorney approved, state form.

Other lease agreements are legal but aren't always tested.  Examples include the lease agreement that comes in Brandon's "The Book on Managing Rental Properties" can be used but if you want to have best practice, have a local RE attorney review any other lease you use.

Good luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jun 7 2022, 05:02
Quote from @Girish Joshi:

Hi,

I am looking for a rental lease agreement to rent my home. Please let me know if you have one that I can use here in the Bay Area.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards,

Girish

Biggerpockets has a lease package for sale that complies with state law. It's a great deal at $100 or comes with a paid membership. You can also join the California Apartment Association and get forms there.

I do not recommend using a lease found on the internet. You are in one of the heaviest regulated, litigious places on earth and need to know that the contract you use has been proven in court.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mo Maktari
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jun 7 2022, 05:19

Yes, I agree with the previous posts. I personally have used the legal by state forms on the BP platform, such a valuable tool to have. If you plan on continuing to invest in real estate in honestly any form, signing up for a pro membership will by itself off every year. 

User Stats

Votes
Chad Hale
Pro Member
  • Property Manager / Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager / Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Jun 7 2022, 07:59
As others have suggested, Join the California Apartment Association.  They do a good job keeping their forms up to date.
Pintail Property Management Logo