General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Robert Medina
Votes |
Creating a lease agreement

Robert Medina
Posted Jun 20 2022, 10:51

Hello my name is Robert I recently purchased a home to rent out I am at the final stages of repair and have red multiple books including some from Brandon Turner and I am looking at creating a lease agreement and I am looking for some advice on the best way to do that the ezlandlords.com has some options and I also saw some on the bigger pockets free landlord forms I am trying to get feedback on someone that has created lease agreements and what works best thank you

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied Jun 20 2022, 11:29

@Robert Medina Congrats on taking action! You can buy a template for your state here on BP. You can join a LL association local to you and get it there and network with others. Both will work equally well I would think.

User Stats

Votes
Olivia Radziszewski
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 20 2022, 12:21

Hi. If you have an agent in your area you know you can also ask them for a lease. If you want to add anything you can amend it to add the items you want to add. There is usually an additional covenants/comments area. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Robert Medina
Votes |
Replied Jun 20 2022, 20:52

Thank you so much for the replies. I will definitely use the advice. I do have one more question. As far as posting the property for rent is there a best option?  I see sites like Zillow manager and avail also offer background checks and ways to pay rent. Anyone have any experience with these?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jun 21 2022, 05:01
Quote from @Robert Medina:

Hello my name is Robert I recently purchased a home to rent out I am at the final stages of repair and have red multiple books including some from Brandon Turner and I am looking at creating a lease agreement and I am looking for some advice on the best way to do that the ezlandlords.com has some options and I also saw some on the bigger pockets free landlord forms I am trying to get feedback on someone that has created lease agreements and what works best thank you

Don't reinvent the wheel. Biggerpockets sells a Lease Agreement Package under "TOOLS" at the top of your screen. $100 for a lease and several other documents, written by investors and attorney approved for your state. It's better than what you'll get from most attorneys and what you'll find on the internet.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mary Smith
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Jun 21 2022, 06:27

@Robert Medina I would definitely recommend BiggerPockets lease agreement packs, or contact your local landlord association for a lease template that you can use.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Medina
Votes |
Replied Jun 21 2022, 06:35

Ok awesome. I did receive quite a few documents with the purchase of some Brandon turner books. Like rental application, move in /move out, addendums, lease template etc… are those the same as the package?