• Stockbridge, GA
Votes |
Eviction Clean Out Help

Ronelle Hunte
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Stockbridge, GA
Posted Aug 15 2022, 07:29

Hey all, 

I just got my first writ of possession last week and scheduled an eviction for my tenant for the end of the month.  The sheriff office told me that I need to have 4 able bodied people, dollies, and garbage bags.  I have spoken to a few companies, but they either only use two guys, need to see what all needs to be moved (can't do that until the sheriff is there), or they do not return text messages or phone calls.  Does anyone know if a reputable company that does eviction cleanouts, with 4 guys site unseen?

I appreciate any and all help in advance.  

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied Aug 15 2022, 07:36

@Ronelle Hunte
It is best to use handymen for that kind of job or even a demo crew if needed. The people you want for this job are most likely not going to be a legit company. You just need unskilled workers that can move stuff and show up on time. 

Reafco- Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kim Meredith Hampton
  • Real Estate Broker
  • St Petersburg & Orlando
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • St Petersburg & Orlando
Replied Aug 15 2022, 08:47

@Ronelle Hunte maybe look at the day labor companies 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 15 2022, 09:18

Hi Ronelle,

You could try calling the sheriff's office and asking if they know of any people who are doing this and can you have phone numbers.

It doesn't have to be just men--women can do this too, they just need to be strong and have stamina to finish the job.

Maybe try a moving company--I've seen them empty apartments (into the moving truck not the grass verge at the curb) in less than 1 hour for people who are moving--with 4 guys really hustling it.

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Henry T.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 15 2022, 18:35
Quote from @Ronelle Hunte:

Hey all, 

I just got my first writ of possession last week and scheduled an eviction for my tenant for the end of the month.  The sheriff office told me that I need to have 4 able bodied people, dollies, and garbage bags.  I have spoken to a few companies, but they either only use two guys, need to see what all needs to be moved (can't do that until the sheriff is there), or they do not return text messages or phone calls.  Does anyone know if a reputable company that does eviction cleanouts, with 4 guys site unseen?

Try to get an idea of whats in there. Have a friend pose as selling encylclopedias or something and look in the door. The sheriff will want you done in 1 hour usually, that's why he wants 4 bodies, then he's off to the next one.  Main thing is to get it all outside. Have someone to do the locks too. 

Hope this helps, some specialize in eviction. You get the idea.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org...

https://atlanta.craigslist.org...

User Stats

Votes
Ronelle Hunte
  • Stockbridge, GA
Votes |
  • Stockbridge, GA
Replied Aug 15 2022, 19:31

Thank you.  That is a great idea.  I saw a lot of companies for Atlanta, but not for Columbus, so I will have to do more digging.  

User Stats

Votes
Theresa Harris
Pro Member
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
Replied Aug 15 2022, 20:14

If you have two different companies, each with 2 people; you have your 4 people.  You can assign each of the two teams different rooms to do.

User Stats

Votes
Henry T.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 15 2022, 23:27
As an alternative, you might try lining up four mexican laborers from Home depot, pay them each $50 and have them dump everything quickly on the parking strip. Once you have it all out, take some pics and send to the junk haulers for bids. Bring a friend to film(for your protection) and help you keep things moving.That's a lot of activity for one person to manage in that short time. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Lionel Lin
  • Pflugerville, TX
Votes |
  • Pflugerville, TX
Replied Aug 16 2022, 05:57
Facebook ad for labor to help move.  Expect half or more to not show up, offer pay by the hour with a minimum.  Maybe offer extra to someone with a trailer.  If more show up than you expect, it'll still be cheaper than hiring movers and it'll happen faster.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Aug 16 2022, 08:58
Quote from @Ronelle Hunte:

Hey all, 

We typically use a nationwide preservation company to set it up if you are not local. Some would say why would you pay more? Well I have hired companies that have cleaned out several rooms and through all the trash outside, or in the basement etc. So for piece of mind I will use a company and have them take on the risk of dealing with this type of stuff.