Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Sandy Keller
Votes |
Reasonable rent rates for Chattanooga area 2BR 1 BA window AC?

Sandy Keller
Posted Sep 22 2022, 07:36

What is a reasonable rent to charge for a two bedroom one bath unit in Chattanooga? Brainerd area..... Likely C area on its way to a B area with current buildings and tenants being C- type.   There is no washer drier hook up and there are window AC units.  Landlord pays water and sewer.  Tenant pays electrical.  I am wanting to raise rents, improve buildings and tenant quality, but looking to educate myself first and can't afford to lose all tenants and pay big bucks to upgrade repair.  Wondering what amount of rent I can do now in the current situation and make gradual improvements over time.

User Stats

Votes
Henry T.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 22 2022, 08:42

Look at Zillow (select rent) (select houses or apts) and see what others are charging.  Charge more if you have a garage.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/f...

User Stats

Votes
Adrienne Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Sep 22 2022, 08:53

Use several rent estimator tools to get an idea: Zillow, as noted above, Hemlane is another one.  Bigger Pockets also has one. Look at other listings on Facebook marketplace, and on the websites of various property managers in town.

Auburndale Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes