• Passaic, NJ
Votes |
waterbury Connecticut questions

Kevin Cespedes
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Passaic, NJ
Posted Oct 20 2022, 05:29

hey guys so im looking into investing into a property in waterbury CT would like to know if anyone knows about the area, and are the water bills billed quarterly or monthly, if there's any miscellaneous bills the landlord pays, just looking for some general details about the area. anything would help thanks guys!

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Eddinger
  • Meriden, CT
Votes |
  • Meriden, CT
Replied Oct 21 2022, 06:01

@Kevin Cespedes - You can call the town to find out the water department stuff and for sanitation (sometimes that billed separately from taxes).  Occasionally, some towns also bill fire separately from the bill (I know they do in Middletown, CT).

Waterbury for the most part is a D class town.  Lots of low income, tough neighborhoods.  I do not manage there as it isn't worth it and I don't want to have to have a gun on me to feel safe (the business is hard enough).

Happy to have a phone call if you want.  DM me if you do.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Kundrat
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bethel, CT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bethel, CT
Replied Oct 26 2022, 07:21

Hey @Kevin Cespedes, Water/sewer is due quarterly in Waterbury. No other miscellaneous bills that are landlord-paid. I own property there so am happy to fill you in on details of the city and certain areas if you'd like. Feel free to give me a call any time, 203-539-1139.

Regards,
Ryan

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes