• South Orange, NJ
Votes |
Looking for extra income when doing deal analysis

Deven L. Richardson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Orange, NJ
Posted Oct 25 2022, 21:13

Hi BP Community,

I've been using the BP calculators to get more comfortable running my numbers. We all know cash flow is hard to come by in today's market (especially here in Northern NJ). I'm looking to find other ways to produce more cash flow via laundry fees, storage, parking fees, etc. Are there websites I can use to find these fees? Thanks in advance everyone!

User Stats

Votes
Joe Villeneuve
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Plymouth, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Plymouth, MI
Replied Oct 26 2022, 00:35

Cash flow isn't hard to come by.  Just change the market you're looking in.

User Stats

Votes
Ricardo Hidalgo
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 26 2022, 02:18
Quote from @Deven L. Richardson:

Hi BP Community,

I've been using the BP calculators to get more comfortable running my numbers. We all know cash flow is hard to come by in today's market (especially here in Northern NJ). I'm looking to find other ways to produce more cash flow via laundry fees, storage, parking fees, etc. Are there websites I can use to find these fees? Thanks in advance everyone!

I think if you build or renovate the cash flow is there. I would try to run numbers to see if buy and hold is a better option than a few but we are still finding good opportunities in this market on the beach! You have to get creative. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 26 2022, 07:33

All you can do is run a comparable analysis and see what other properties charge for these kinds of services 

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Floyd
  • Texas
Votes |

One of the most effective strategies we have used is to charge for utilities and renting our units pre-furnished. It changes the tenant type and rental length, but it may be best to find a deal where the numbers work out in your favor.