• Queens, NY
Votes |
Eviction in Philadelphia

Maxim K.
  • Homeowner
  • Queens, NY
Posted Oct 31 2022, 13:23

I’m in the process of eviction my tenant in Philadelphia Pa ,

I stared the process in the beginning on June and it’s almost November my tenant still in my house .

Attorney keep telling me that they mailed out the check and Sheriff will give us a date anytime soon . Is there any way to follow up with sherif on my own ? Or should I just wait ?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 1 2022, 04:18

You hired an attorney so let them do your job. 

Once the tenant is out, consider selling this property and moving your money to a state that treats Landlords fairly.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Peter Jin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Nov 1 2022, 18:58

@Maxim K.

Hi, Maxim,

Do you been in court? Do you have a judgement? Do you have a case number? If you have a case number, you can actually check your case status online. I feel something is not right.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Maxim K.
  • Homeowner
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Queens, NY
Replied Nov 3 2022, 12:57

@Peter Jin

We have judgement in my favor according to my attorney , every time I ask about update , they keep saying everything is done , they mail the check for the sheriff and now have ti wait . They never provided a case number

User Stats

Votes
Karen Johnson
  • Investor
  • AMBLER, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • AMBLER, PA
Replied Nov 7 2022, 12:37

@Maxim K. Philadelphia is VERY tenant friendly and gets more so every year. It can take a very long time to get a tenant out of your property. I would advise that you join HAPCO if you haven't already. You can network with other Philadelphia area landlords and get some useful information for any issues you encounter there. They also have a lawyer that may be able to assist you with eviction related questions.