Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Chris Napierala
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Co-Hosting - What are the need to knows?

Chris Napierala
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Nov 18 2022, 11:44

Hello everyone!  I'm currently working with a friend to Co-host his cabin.  This will be a first time experience for me and I want to make sure that i dont cause myself any headaches.  Currently I'm planning to have the listings in his name and then ill manage them using my software subscriptions etc.  He will just pay me a % of the bookings.  Is there anything legally I need to do in general or specifically for Colorado?  Can anyone give me some newbie advice?

Thanks!

Chris

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 18 2022, 21:38

Write up a joint venture or some kind of written agreement that shows your payout 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bohrer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Nov 21 2022, 07:38

I agree with Eliott, get with your favorite lawyer and just have him put in writing the agreement that you currently have verbally.  As long as there is signed documentation between you and your partner, there should be no issue later if there was a falling out.

Good luck in your adventure! I just moved out to Colorado from Nebraska earlier this year, I hope you are staying warm!

Take Care,

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.