• New York
Votes |
Out of state investor - Q&A

Dean Lupowitz
  • Lender
  • New York
Posted Feb 17 2023, 08:24

Hello,

I am interested in learning more about areas in Michigan. I am an out of state investor and need a PM and GC that I can trust. I am looking for LTR and Section 8 for cash flow. If there are any other out of state investors that have experience in this area, I would love to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Todd Swanson
Pro Member
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 17 2023, 13:59

Dean, I own a rental home in Roseville, MI and will be purchasing several more in that metro area later this year.  I live in San Diego.  Let's connect.

User Stats

Votes
Jim Wellington
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Clair Shores, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Clair Shores, MI
Replied Feb 19 2023, 11:35

Hi Dean,

I live in Metro Detroit and invest in this area. Happy to connect and further discuss. Michigan is a great area to invest. We’ve got a solid appreciating base of real estate that also offers good cash flow. 

If you are looking for a property manager I’d recommend @Drew Sygit of Logical Property Management. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jim Wellington
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Clair Shores, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Clair Shores, MI
Replied Feb 19 2023, 11:37
Quote from @Todd Swanson:

Dean, I own a rental home in Roseville, MI and will be purchasing several more in that metro area later this year.  I live in San Diego.  Let's connect.

@Todd Swanson Roseville is attractive market to invest. I own a few rentals in that area and live in Metro Detroit. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Feb 20 2023, 06:00

@Dean Lupowitz

You might want to follow the "Deep Dive" series we're doing on our BiggerPockets blog about Metro Detroit cities, City of Detroit Neighborhoods and comparing Metro Detroit to other hotspots investors usually consider:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/99854-deep-dive-into-metro-detroit-cities-ecorse

(BP search feature can be problematic, so we’ve also added links @ our website under View Cities & Neighborhoods We Service)

Doubt you'll find this much info for any other market in the country. So, why would you invest remotely anywhere else?

Please send us any feedback via email, as we do not use the DM feature here.
Also, if you like our response, please don’t be shy about giving us a vote😊

User Stats

Votes
Josie Brown
Pro Member
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Detroit, MI
Replied Mar 13 2023, 11:09

Hi Dean! It sounds like you have a great plan to get started. I'd be happy to chat with you and offer you any recommendations!

User Stats

Votes
Gary Carver
  • Realtor
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Detroit, MI
Replied Mar 16 2023, 17:10

@Dean Lupowitz. Seems like you have a plan in place.. Good Luck on investing here.. Good PM and Contractors are very important

User Stats

Votes
Aiden Ross Wilder
Votes |
Replied Apr 7 2023, 08:05

Hello @Dean Lupowitz I'm an agent in the mid Michigan area if you have any question about the area I'd love to help you out! 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Grove
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 10 2023, 05:59

I have been using Doyenne Property Management and have been happy so far.  I am also using FIRE real estate.