Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Phil Shelton
Votes |
NYC - as a landlord which service can i use to screen tenants?

Phil Shelton
Posted Mar 21 2023, 08:12

application fee for a rental at capped at $20, so not sure which service to use as all the services charge way more

any help would be appreciated 

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 21 2023, 10:08

Hey @Phil Shelton - you might want to try listing your rental directly through Zillow as I know they will do a quick screening for your potential tenants. Alternatively, happy to help you rent out your apartment quickly. I closed 2 rental listings in the last 3 weeks for an existing investor client and handled all the screening and showings. 

As the landlord, you get to have the final say and I typically recommend that you also have a call or face-to-face with the potential tenant to feel them out as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 21 2023, 12:03
Quote from @Phil Shelton:

application fee for a rental at capped at $20, so not sure which service to use as all the services charge way more

any help would be appreciated 

1. I hope this doesn't last because it's a losing proposition for Landlords. Even large PM companies are losing money on every application because they have to pay for the screening service as well as the employee that handles the screening, communication, etc.

2. Figure out a way to pre-screen verbally. It's not a guarantee, but most people will not apply if they know they aren't going to qualify.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jason Lee
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 21 2023, 13:23

We use On-site.com. It's $20.