• Huntsville, AL
Votes |
Welcome Packages for New Tenants

Samuel Coronado
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Posted Oct 31 2023, 11:14

I'm working on Welcome Packages for new tenants that include a small basket of gifts like soaps, shower curtain rings, flowers, etc. The house rules and maintenance procedures will also be in there (kind of similar to what you may have seen in the past with Airbnbs) and a list of emergency numbers, closest medical, fire, and police, etc. What do you think would be something great to go in there? Budget is about $100 per basket. I've thought about a small tool kit with a small hammer and some little nails to get things hung up on the wall. Also looked at small toys for any children coming in. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Smith
  • Realtor
  • Tyler, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tyler, TX
Replied Oct 31 2023, 11:26

Air filters :)

User Stats

Votes
Dawn P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sumter, SC
Votes |
  • Sumter, SC
Replied Nov 1 2023, 07:40

Some of those Command strip picture hooks, maybe a gift card to a local restaurant/Walmart.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dominick Johnson
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Nov 1 2023, 07:52

I like the tool kit idea! I also include a pet toy if they have one, small bottle of champagne, and some snacks.

User Stats

Votes
Ned J.
  • Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Replied Nov 1 2023, 16:34

For a LTR?....I'm not a fancy 5 start resort. I dont give gifts and perks. I provide a clean, safe living environment for my tenants and act respectfully and responsibly as a LL. That's it.... when it comes to a LTR, tenants will forget all about that stuff over time. Not sure who you are trying to impress or win over....

List of important info, yes.....local police, fire, alarm....emergency shut off locations etc etc- basic protocols for emergent situation before you can contact me

STR rental, sure.... you are looking for online reviews and setting yourself apart from all the rest of the similar units.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Wilson
  • Investor
  • Austin
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin
Replied Nov 2 2023, 09:19

+1 on the air filters! I have done a small basket with trash bags, dish soap, sponges, tools for hanging things…basically necessities that might be useful while unpacking.

User Stats

Votes
Mary Smith
Votes |
Replied Nov 2 2023, 13:47

@Samuel Coronado This is really sweet of you to do! Whenever we've done welcome packages in the past, we've done candles, chocolate, cleaning supplies and a gift card to local store or restaurant. 

User Stats

Votes
Greg M.
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 2 2023, 13:57
Quote from @Samuel Coronado:

Budget is about $100 per basket. I've thought about a small tool kit with a small hammer and some little nails to get things hung up on the wall. Also looked at small toys for any children coming in. 

Exactly what is your ROI on this? I suspect close to -100%. Save your money.

House rules and maintenance procedures should be in your lease if you want them to be enforceable. 

User Stats

Votes
Grant Linhart
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Nov 8 2023, 10:01

That si very thoughtful.  I have never considered doing that for LTR, but I do for my short and mid term rentals.