Lansing Michigan Property Manager

8 Replies

@Bob E.  

To find one go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what sides of the city they like/dislike and why. Ask what they see them selling for and what expenses are by category. Ask for market occupancy and rents. Ask if they know anything coming up for sale.

You can also search narpm.org for the RMP (Residential Management Professional) and MPM (Master Property Manager) certified.

Paul

Old thread, but I'll give my 2 cents.  I haven't been able to find any.  There are a LOT of rentals in this town, but not a reputable management company to work for us.  I see a huge need in this town.  Good luck, I hope someone else from Lansing finds this thread and pitches in.

@BOB E. Thanks for the reference.  I checked out her site and FAQ and she looks quite promising.  I'm not quite ready to let go of my properties yet, but this is a better start to the process.  

-Luke

Hey @Bob E., sorry for bringing up a old thread but I've seen you post a few times about 1st Choice and also saw you moved out of the area. How was their tenant screening and did their repairs seem fair cost wise? Also what was the vacancy time on a rental property around that area with 1st choice (of course that can vary heavily by a lot of things)? I am from East Lansing but living in SF and am looking to try to get into the market and so i figured Lansing would be a good starting point but wanted to get more info.

This post has been removed.

@Paul Lucas  Jill is still managing the property for us in Lansing, she has done a good job and we are very happy with her screening and placement process and reasonably short turnover tiem (4-6 weeks).  Repairs have been reasonable.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.