how to check background a non-us citizen

5 Replies

Hi Dear all:

I need your help for this : An Australian couple who is interested in rental house. They showed me the income documentation. should I use the same application for us citizens?

how do I check their criminal background. they are from Australia Army and the Austrilia Embassy letter showed that he is working for US army. I can get his US working employment letter and income, and also Australia credit score report, but question is: how do I check criminal background? should I check with Embassy?

thanks so much for helping. since this is the first time for me to rent out house. please help.

Best regards

Cindy

Seems you could conclude they have a clean legal background or else the U.S. Department of Homeland Security wouldn't have granted them entry and the U.S. Military would not have signed them on either. 

@Engelo Rumora   Heres' a shout out to you for the Aussie perspective. What do you think?

Marcia Maynard, Fischer Properties | Podcast Guest on Show #83

Fair Housing requires that you do not discriminate based on national origin ...

Originally posted by @Marcia Maynard :

Seems you could conclude they have a clean legal background or else the U.S. Department of Homeland Security wouldn't have granted them entry and the U.S. Military would not have signed them on either. 

@Engelo Rumora  Heres' a shout out to you for the Aussie perspective. What do you think?

Thanks Marcia,

I wouldn't worry about checking for criminal.

The US immigration puts every foreigner through the ringer with background checks along with how every dollar got into the country. "Money Laundering" purposes.

Trust me on that one as I have over $30,000 into getting the current visa I now have and have a great immigration attorney lol.

Thanks

Medium list n sell logo designEngelo Rumora, List'n Sell Realty | [email protected] | 419 740 6999 | https://agentscomefirst.com/ | Podcast Guest on Show #89

hi all:

Thanks so much for your suggestion. it seems all the comments here are reasonable. I agree too. :) I will only need to check current employment and the embassy since I got they showed me the letter from Embassy that the rent will be paid directly from Embassy. I am welcomed to call embassy.

so here is what I do: ask them to fill in appliation form but need to their photo ID driver licence to make sure the letter is talking about the same person, call embassy  and get the applicant's  current employment

again many thanks. this is a great source. I will surely check next time for questions.

Cindy