• Investor
  • Bonaire, GA
Votes |
MLS Access

Amy E.
  • Investor
  • Bonaire, GA
Posted Mar 21 2015, 15:09

I'm contemplating trying to get access to the MLS to both post a rental for lease and to research other properties to purchase. The realtors I've contacted typically charge 1/2 a month's rent for advertisement on MLS (about $500). I've found places online that will post for me, for about $200, but I can't verify that it is my local MLS.

I do know someone who keeps their license "active" but isn't an active realtor and have broached the topic of letting me get access under her name/account but have not heard back yet.

So, do you think I should pay to get on the MLS?

The reason I'm asking is that in my rural area it is extremely cheap to buy.  So the only folks looking to rent are those with poor credit scores, good credit transient folks, or section 8.  I've done section 8 so far and just for kicks want to try a regular joe with good credit.  I could've rented several times to section 8 or non-section 8 with bad scores (400s).  The only good credit tenants I've find have ended up renting elsewhere (at ~20-30% higher rates)  I seem to be having trouble finding a good lower middle class renter.  Also, I know its early in "the season", so I'm not sure if the lack of traffic is just due to the time of year or if it truly is a lack of advertising.

Thoughts?

Loading replies...