Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
This is what you call a chitty day .

Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Posted Apr 14 2015, 15:33

It rained all day , we had to re arrange jobs . I have a customer who had a sump pump line clogged with iron and sediment , rented the 100 ft snake and tried to clean it out . A 30 minute job took 4 hours , it was packed .   Thats the begining of the day , then a tenant called and said the septic tank was clogged , ( I knew better) so I already have the snake so I go over , the tank is fine , its the sewer line .   I explain to them in very simple terms .

IF ITS TREE ROOTS its my problem ...   If its something you flushed down the toilet its going to cost you $ 300.00  (Its in the lease)   Now she says its my sewer line , right and in the lease you are responsible , you can call a plumber , but they start at $600 and go up from there . 

I spend 2 hours running the snake in the rain , I am soaked , I get it free and run the snake all the way to the tank . I pull the snake back out and it isnt easy .  No wrapped on the end of the snake .......................White tailed mice , and paper towels . 

Now she doesnt want to pay ,  I show her the lease , I tell her I just ruined my clothes and spent 2 hours with 2 guys in the rain cleaning a sewer due to her neglect and stupidity , I either get a check or I will start the eviction today ,     I got the check   

Next time I told her call the plumber 

Loading replies...