Finding landlords that are evicting tenants in NY

1 Reply

I am trying to find landlords that are evicting tenants in the greater Albany, NY area.  I buy, fix up and sell houses.  I may be able to help some of these landlords by buying their property.  I've tried to get names of landlords that are evicting tenants by going to the county courts but that has not worked out.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not following what you mean by "I've tried to get names of landlords that are evicting tenants by going to the county courts but that has not worked out." Are you not getting any sellers? Or are you not able to get the names? I would think court records would be open (public record) and you could get a list of plaintiffs (landlords) for cases on a county basis. If your area is like mine, you will find a variety of plaintiffs, from PM  companies to attorneys to apartment building owners to, well, actual disgruntled landlords. I assume the latter group is what you are seeking. I guess you only need a few don't-wanters... but I would bet your overall response rate would average about that of unsolicited junk mail. I'd suggest narrowing your market to exclude the PM companies, attorneys, etc. and focus on owners representing themselves with a small number of (e.g. one or two) properties.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here