• Lowell, MA
Votes |
Boston MA - Tenant Accusation and Restraining Order on Landlord

Chan K.
  • Lowell, MA
Posted Sep 24 2015, 17:26

Hi Landlord,

I want to brainstorm the following scenario:

I have a newly occupied tenant who has cleans record. She moved into my 1-Bed unit 3-4 months ago, and in her mid-30. Since the beginning, she struggled and paid rent late all the time. She only pays rent when I text/call to remind her. 

Recently, I got a message from her through email accusing me that I threat her and put a lot of emotional distress toward her. She also accuses me of being sexist and ageist. She gave me 1-2 week notice to vacant, and that I return her deposit. If I don't, she will take legal action against me. Finally, in her email, she told me not text/call or talk to her in person or she will put a restraint order on me. 

Can she really do that? I only call her to ask for my rent. I know she is a bit paranoid though. I usually collect my rent weekly and due on Sun. One time she did not pay until Wednesday. I called and left a message saying that if she does not pay by Friday, I would start an eviction process. I thought it was reasonable ....

FYI: she is leasing the unit for 12 months and 30 days notification to leave contract.

Let's discuss this topic ...

Loading replies...