• Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
What would you do?

Daniel Bartalits
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Oct 5 2015, 21:51

I have been fixing up a unit that I evicted a tenant from and I have heard water running each time I have been there. I looked for leaks but did not find anything. I noticed the wood floors were not straight anymore and were all warped. At first I thought the floors were warped from the tenants dog ,that they were not suppose to have, since there was urine stains every where and I thought the sound of the water running was from  a shower valve. Then I was in the backyard and notice a water puddle by the house and realized I have an under slap water leak.  All the floors in the house are ruined and have to be replaced as well as the leak fixed. This got me thinking about how I would  handle this if I had a tenant living in the house. Would I have them live in a hotel until its fixed, that could be costly, would I tell them to tough it out and to be patient and that I am working on getting it fixed, that might piss some one off.  So I was wondering on what would be the best solution on how to handle the tenants in a situation like this. Obviously fix the problem but what would be a good short term solution for the tenants while having to deal with an entire house being ripped apart.

Loading replies...