Necessary forms and where to get them

8 Replies

Greetings,

What forms do I need to rent a house? Where can I get them? Obviously, a lease is required but what about lead based paint forms, etc. Any Ohio investors' input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MRM

The most important form is the application so you can do good tenant screening, then the lease. Federal law requires lead paint disclosures. Here is the link for lead based paint. There is a disclosure form, and a booklet.
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_o...

You local county or city may have additional requirements.

You need to understand the process, and how to complete each step to do a rental right, and with success. If you currently have a house for rent, get a local licensed property manager to do it for you, while you learn the process.

Originally posted by @Marc M. :

Greetings,

What forms do I need to rent a house? Where can I get them? Obviously, a lease is required but what about lead based paint forms, etc. Any Ohio investors' input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MRM

Marc,

You will need your application, lease and a lead based paint disclosure

Originally posted by @Marc M. :

Greetings,

Thanks!

MRM

Whatever forms you find and choose, make sure that your attorney verifies that (s)he can defend them in court should any questions arise.

hi Marc,

where I live (Los Angeles), i belong to an apartment owners association which is a superb resource for landlords.  Once you become a member ($79/year here), you get access to all the forms you would ever need.  These forms are drafted with oversight from their attorneys but as others have suggested, always a good idea to have your own attorney review them if you have one.  Plus they have an excellent, low cost credit check service.  

I see they have a few associations in Ohio, might be a good place to start.

Thanks again for your valuable insights! I really appreciate it! I will most likely have a lawyer review them. Where would you get forms for move in/move out? lead based paint? etc I'm assuming that the associations would probably have them?