• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Your Way Home Housing - Montgomery County PA

John Matthews
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Mar 14 2016, 15:49

BP,

Particularly those landlording in montco (Perhaps more specifically Norristown, PA) - has anyone worked with Your Way Home Housing? I've got a unit which I'm currently marketing for a tenant and was contacted by them just wanted to get anyone's opinion who's actually worked with them.

Are they a pain to work with like Philadelphia Housing Authority (section 8)? Are there any reasons why you'd never rent to them again?

My understanding is they find housing for people who have gone homeless for any number of reasons and provide rental assistance directly to the landlord (similar to section 8), but that their assistance decays after they have found employment (not sure at what rate however). The appeal to me of section 8 is that you are guaranteed payments from PHA indefinitely and they are disincentivized to be a bad tenant (if they're evicted theyre kicked off the program permanently). I love the program, but the fact that they could lose assistance and then fail to meet the rental requirements worries me.

Loading replies...