• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Dealing with Property Manger after firing

Norman Dean
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted May 26 2016, 09:13

I have very recently had to give my property manager notice that his company will no longer be managing my properties.  He did not take it well and of coarse tried to talk me out of it, however I ensured him my mind was made up.  I formally submitted the Texas Realtor Association's Management Termination form to him, giving him 30days notice, but asking him to agree to let me move on earlier.  I have not heard from him in almost a week now in regards to this, wont answer my phones calls, emails, and his office will not return my calls.  We have a tenant that is up for renewal in 5 days and I am concerned he will do something to jeopardize this or not follow through.  Should I contact our tenants directly to let them know of the change?  Or at least contact the one up for renewal?  Should I get the tenant to sign a renewal just with myself and not the current property management company or is this a violation of our management agreement?

I am very concerned with rent collection and other pending issues now that our property manager is MIA and obviously upset over the firing.

Any advice experience investors could give me would be a huge help.

Thanks very much!

Loading replies...