• Real Estate Consultant
  • las vegas, NV
Votes |
Sect 8 tenant and BF

Albert Rupisan
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • las vegas, NV
Posted May 30 2009, 11:51

Has anyone had experience of a section 8 tenant whose boyfriend is beginning to stay a bit longer than usual to the point that I have seen his car parked in the driveway for more than a week. I had talked to the female tenant about this and she said he only stay a few days. She will renew her contract within 2 months and I am considering a few options"
1. just sign him in in the renewal contract as a tenant-increase rent by $200 w/ $200 deposit.

2. Inform Section 8 I will not renew my current contract with female tenant and need a new section 8 tenant replacement.

3. Just renew female tenant contract and write in contract that boyfriends cannot stay 2 days or more or she will be charged $50 per day.

Regarding HOA, I had tenant share/pay half of the monthly HOA fees the last 2 years and I was just informed by Section 8 it cannot be done. I was going to inform Section 8 that I do this because my rental is about $100-$150 lower that other rent comps. Or should I just raise rent next 2 months(yearly renewal) to compensate for the $35/month HOA?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Loading replies...