How to differentiate a luxury property in a crowded market

5 Replies

Hello Landlords, my husband and I just invested in a rental property in Hawaii. SFR rentals by owner are very popular here, but lessees are hard to come by in the long term market. Short term market is lucrative but also very competitive. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Hmm;  Many would consider Hawaii a vacation location (depending upon the specific location of the unit).  The locals IMO, will not be chasing a luxury unit for long term - - they're struggling with cash flow and keeping jobs too.

If  your unit is on the beach, facing the sunset, I would think your market would be high-end, short to medium length business or vacationers.  Adjust your marketing accordingly.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded
Originally posted by @Dede Christensen :

Hello Landlords, my husband and I just invested in a rental property in Hawaii. SFR rentals by owner are very popular here, but lessees are hard to come by in the long term market. Short term market is lucrative but also very competitive. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Where are you finding SFR's that are legal for vacation rentals?