• Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Conroe, TX
Votes |
When to Start Eviction Process

Dick Green
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Conroe, TX
Posted Jun 16 2009, 15:26

I'm really ticked....I've had to deal with back to back evictions on this property. The first tenants wife died....(not in the home). But, anyway she committed suicide and put the remaining tenant (her husband), into an emotional tail spin. I felt bad for him and gave him some lea-way then before you know it he's 3 months behind on rent.

I finally get him out without having to endure the entire eviction process....... I re-rent the property to these folks who checked out as far as credit, and employment but I must admit....I didn't really check their mortgage information or criminal background. I figured any dings would have showed up on the credit report....(they were relocating to Houston and selling their home in Missouri). Long story short.....my perfect tenants are now 2 months behind. The have avoided phone calls and direct contact. I called the employer of the main income (the wife) a few days ago, and discovered that she was terminated within 8 hours of the new job that was responsible for the transfer. I feel like I'm dealing with a couple of real cons.

I just took over the formal demand letter/breach of agreement and taped it to the door. I know the answer to the question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

How much time do you give tenants before you start the eviction process?

Loading replies...