Dustin Beam
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
I guess my tenant wants to live elsewhere

Dustin Beam
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Aug 28 2016, 14:02

Hello beautiful people of BP, 

So yesterday I got a voicemail from a tenant who was obviously mad.  I wasn't going to return the call as soon as I did but I'm on vacation and I didn't know if something serious had happened. So I called. 

He goes on a tirade about the supposed mess the exterior painters left the building. I obviously don't know for certain but they painted my other identical building next door without a serious mess. I let him know in no uncertain terms that he was not going to talk to me that way and I was going to govern the conversation. He managed to tell me he didn't like the fact that Mexicans were doing the work and for reasons I can't even remember he dropped the "n" word in even though no AA person was even part of the conversation (not that it would even come close to excusing him for that). I cut the conversation off and said I wasn't going to listen to that and if he wanted to speak to me about it when he was calm, I would listen. 

Now,  I won't claim to have held my composure as well as I should have,  but I didn't lose it either.  In any scenario,  he and his wife will be looking for a new place when his lease expires. I have no idea what his end game was,  but it will be a new mailing address now. 

Loading replies...