Matthew McGuirk
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
How to market your Property?

Matthew McGuirk
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Oct 29 2016, 10:29

Hi Everyone,

New member and first time post! I have been lurking for a while and reading as much as I can about Land Lording. My question is how do you market your home to tenants? What are the best resources to use to find qualified Tenants and how soon before the property becomes vacant do you start advertising?

Here is a little background on why I am asking...

First time Landlord. Wife and I moved out of our county house (townhouse) into a house in the city so we could be closer to work and live in a more fun environment. Because we originally thought we would stay in the townhouse forever, we got a great deal on a refi and did a 15 year loan. We put the house for rent via Zillow, Craigslist, Facebook and Trulia. We had a good bit of interest but only one person actually came through and rented the house. We have been blessed to have them as they are good tenants (Military Officers-we live near a base) but unfortunately, they are being re-stationed at the end of the year and need to move. This leaves my wife and I with trying to find tenants to move into our home January 1st and I have heard its hard to find people to move in the winter. Since they are moving before we expected them to leave, we are worried about trying to find tenants in the winter months. Anyone here have experience starting leases in the winter months? 

Loading replies...