Votes
Aly George
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Premonition of a challenging tenant

Aly George
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Jan 17 2017, 10:58

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not to land-lording. Something has come up that I've never dealt with before.  My rentals rent very quickly so I don't have to qualify more than a couple of tenants within a couple of days of posting my rental.  

I have a pushy yet highly qualified new prospect tenant from out of state who I've verbally agreed to rent my property to.  She applied with great reports and has sent me the full security deposit and first month's rent but she will not sign the lease until she arrives in town because the lease says that she has seen the property.  I rent this to people sight-unseen all the time.  I'm concerned because I have no agreements regarding the disbursement of the money if she doesn't sign once she arrives.  I've asked her to please sign and that I'd be glad to amend that portion of the lease if only to have something binding and she has not responded.  If she changes her mind when she arrives in town then I am stuck without a tenant (and I'd have to return her money).  She moves in on 2/15/17.  My gut is telling me that she's going to be controlling and that I'm not going to have a pleasant experience with her as my tenant.  

After writing this and reading it over I answered my own question and moved forward but would like to see your comments!

Loading replies...