Automated Lockboxes with unique codes

6 Replies

I want to automate the showing process, by having prospects registering (sending maybe a copy of the DL) and providing them a unique code within a specific time window to go and see the property. 

I know some big investment funds do it this way. I don't mind being present during showings to vet the prospect because the time consumed is considerably a lot and only a few will actually be really interested. At the end of the day whoever I decide to put in the property will be thoroughly vetted. Plus rental properties are empty...

Do you have in mind any lockbox providers that can do this?

So far I found only the "codebox"

My property manager for my 4-plex uses Rently for all of their properties and it seems to work well from what I see on my end (tenants in place).

Originally posted by @Dawn Brenengen :

@Pavlos Kasselouris  Do you only show vacant units?

Yes, since I'm showing only rentals, I either setup an appointment with the tenant that is leaving, or the unit is already empty. 

I just dont want to give a lockbox code that I cant control who will go and when, and has access anytime, any day after I give it out.

@Pavlos Kasselouris

I would definitely never give the code to anyone to show it to themselves. I would be more likely to use a service like rently, etc.  However, if a tenant is still living there, I would only show the property myself.  I wouldn't allow someone to be in their home unsupervised.

Originally posted by @Dawn Brenengen :

@Pavlos Kasselouris

I would definitely never give the code to anyone to show it to themselves. I would be more likely to use a service like rently, etc.  However, if a tenant is still living there, I would only show the property myself.  I wouldn't allow someone to be in their home unsupervised.

Never unsupervised,  but almost always I have good tenants that will show themselves to other prospects. They are my best sellers almost. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here