Votes
Xin L.
  • redwood city, CA
Votes |
Tenant disappeared without informing me of problems

Xin L.
  • redwood city, CA
Posted Mar 26 2017, 04:57

hey all, I have these tenants that have paid rent pretty much on time for four years who just disappeared out of the blue without any contact info.  I already posted a notice of abandonment weeks ago and regained possession of the house.  The house has an addition that was poorly added by the previous owner and it is showing quite a bit of damage.  The weird thing is that the tenants never told me that there were issues with the house.  My question is how you have dealt with renters who pay on time and say that everything is okay?  Do you schedule yearly inspections?  Also does anyone have a good recommendation for a contractor in the SF bay area (east bay) who can remove an addition to a house without damaging the original structure?  I would just restore the house to its original footprint I think.   The addition is about 150 sqft and definitely seems to have water damage from the recent rains. Basically it needs to be removed and a wall needs to be restored.  It is a small wall on the side so probably not load bearing.   We have some contractors but they usually do smaller jobs.  Does anyone have any idea how long that kind of job would take?  Thanks in advance.  

Loading replies...